Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Monday, April 21, 2014

BIG DAY 2014


Team Sapsucker heads out for a Big Day every year, spending 24 hours to spot as many bird species as they can.

They broke the North American record last year, sighting 294 species in Texas.

For Big Day 2014, they’ll race against the clock to find as many birds as possible along the El Gigante route, a rapidly changing landscape in southern Arizona and California.

A diverse cast of birds reside here but face challenges stemming from urban sprawl, drought, and habitat degradation.

Please help Team Sapsucker bring awareness to this area in desperate need of conservation action.

Big Day will happen in early May—the exact date depends on birding conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment