Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project


Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project is driven by science and dedicated to the conservation of Hawaii's native forest ecosystems. Formed in 1997, our mission is to develop and implement techniques that recover Maui's endangered birds and to restore their habitats through research, development, and application of conservation techniques.
We employ conventional mist-netting, banding, and survey techniques to monitor wild forest bird populations.
We study breeding success in the wild and monitor bird food resources and prevalence of avian diseases.
We develop and apply novel recovery initiatives for species of concern.
We aim to effectively manage and reduce the impact of non-native invasive species.
We conduct research to investigate the effectiveness of our control methods and formulate this knowledge into long-term management strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment