Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rainforest Foundation


We believe that forest protection and human rights are interconnected. We recognize that indigenous peoples around the world are currently living sustainably in what are considered the most “pristine” rainforests. This is not a coincidence. The people who depend on the forest for their livelihoods, culture, and spirituality are careful in their use of the forest. There are no better forests stewards. We believe that the most effective way to protect rainforests is to ensure that the indigenous communities who have historically managed and protected those forests have secure and long term rights to their lands and resources.

A $10 donation was made to Rainforest Foundation. Therefore, I will not be donating on September 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment