Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

PHOENIX LANDING


The Phoenix Landing Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit all-volunteer organization. It was established to promote and protect the welfare of parrots, especially those with an extensive lifespan.

Increasingly, these intelligent and beautiful birds are becoming household companions. Meanwhile, their native rain forests and deserts are being rapidly consumed for use by people. As guardians of our pets, and growing consumers of the land, it is our responsibility to provide care and help for parrots -- both in domesticity and in the wild.

Most parrots, from parakeets to macaws, will need several homes across their long-lives. These birds are not "rescues" in the same way we often think of dogs and cats. Birds deserve to have a succession of good homes. Please consider adoption first!

No comments:

Post a Comment