Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hidden Lake Gardens

Located in Tipton Michigan, Hidden Lake Gardens is a jewel for the gardener, hiker or nature lover.  Administered by Michigan State University, this botanic wonderland includes a temperate and tropical greenhouse, as well as world class collections of hostas and conifers.  I first discover this amazing place as a young person who was obsessed with plants and nature.  I have visited regularly and discover new and amazing treasures every time I visit.

Please check it out:

Click here to visit their website!!

Mission

Our mission is to maintain and improve Hidden Lake Gardens for the benefit and education of the public.

To instill an appreciation of plants, gardens, landscapes and the natural environment.

To display collections of plants that are of horticultural, botanical and aesthetic value to the public and professionals of various disciplines.

To interpret the collections and grounds and utilize them for the educational benefit of the public.

To preserve an undeveloped area of the scenic Irish Hills, providing a place of beauty and inspiration for public enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment