Goal

This year I want to promote and support many of my favorite charities. Some of these will be personally important, some will be timely based on world events and some may be groups I discover over this year of giving. I hope by creating this blog, donating my daily $5.00 and bringing attention to the cause, I can change the world in a good way. Please consider following my lead by making a donation to any of the groups that resonate with you.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Quilts for Kids


MISSION STATEMENT:
Transforming fabrics into patchwork quilts that comfort children with life-threatening illnesses and children of abuse.

A Letter from the Founder
It seems like only yesterday that I discovered a wealth of discontinued fabric samples being thrown away. In those days it never occurred to me that we’d be an international organization today. I was only looking to save some fabric samples from a landfill. I was assured by all my friends and family that this was a dumb idea and no one would make quilts for some stranger’s child…and do it for free! Well, 14 years later you have managed to prove these nay-sayers wrong, for you have given from your hearts and helped to turn tears into smiles for tens of thousands of children that you never even knew existed. Our goal continues to be donating 30,000 yearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment